Style Meets Comfort

Saturday, March 31, 2018 Tagaytay, Cavite, Philippines


Hello dearies! How did your Holy Week go? Mine, my family and I just spent the Holy Week binge-watching movies about Jesus and on Maundy Thursday we did Visita Iglesia, wherein we visited few of the Churches located in the South of Philippines -- which is why I wore something comfy and decent.  


To be honest, I am not fond of pants. Being a petite person makes it so hard for me to find pants that will fit perfectly to me, sometimes even skinny jeans do not fit well too. It is a good thing that I found this pants in Baclaran and you will not believe how much it only cost. Insert *drumrolls* sound effect. It is only 70 pesos! This has been my fave pants to wear ever since because it fits nicely, it is stretchable, and it got a nice washed-out color. 


I paired the pants with a white button down. I got it from my mom's closet. Haha. My mom got a lot of clothes she does not use so I use some instead. The rose patch on the white button down was just sewed by my mom, it was not there when she bought this button down. In fact, she sewed patches on all the white button-downs she has. She thinks it makes it look nicer, I do think so too. 


Another one from my mom's closet is this blazer. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it in her closet. My mom used to wear this to work. I am so thankful that my mom got a good taste in fashion as well, I got it from my mama! 



Here's a zoom in to show some of the little details. As what John Wooden said, "It is the little details that are vital. Little things makes big things happen." 


I know I look haggard, traffic was so bad that day and something unfortunate has happened. I'm glad I made the right decision to wear something comfy without sacrificing style. Btw, I'll be making another blog post regarding the Visita Iglesia, that post will cover where we went, what has happened during the trip and the unfortunate thingy that I mentioned a while ago. 

Before I end this blog post, let me give you one tip, tuck in the front of your top if it is too long and just let the back part of your top drape -- this will work well for petite girls like me, it will create the illusion of your legs being long or it will make you look elongated. 

Details of the outfit:

Button down (from my mom's closet)
Blazer (from my mom's closet)
Pants (Baclaran)
Shoes (Mario D' Boro)


With Love,
Mary
#itsjoyceootd

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© with love, mary. Design by FCD.